The project has been on semi-permanent hold for the last year or so due to a multitude of factors, not the least of which is a lack of time and garage space. I have, however, managed to tear down the paint booth for the Mazda while i wait for the temperature to come back up, so I have room to work on the Neon. I dug in to the AN plumbing that I have on hand was able to remove the oil pressure sender and its associated tee. With that thrown into the trash heap, I wrapped the NPT threads in teflon tape and torqued down the 3/8″ NPT to -6 AN adapter plug. I put the -6 AN female hose end on the -6 hose and attached it to the oil pressure port, and then ran the line up to the turbo’s oil input.
In a fit of pure stupidity, I managed to purchase a tube nut and sleeve for the oil input. As well as female hose ends (which, as best I can tell, are the only hose ends available). Since I lack a tubing bead roller, I went searching for the appropriate adaptater, which I found from Jegs. Once it arrives, I can put a male -6 on the 3/8 tube that goes to the oil input, push the -6 female hose end onto the hose, and then (hopefully) seal up the oil system. Once that’s done, we’ll back out of the driveway for another pressure test and see what happens.
If that doesn’t fix the oil leak, then we’ll go ahead and drop the oil pan and set up the oil return line with AN fittings as well, but it really looks like the oil is leaking on the input side.
Also en route from Jegs are 4 pair of hood pins. We’ll go ahead and remove the hinges on the hood and trunk, as well as all the associated catch and release mechanisms, and pin them down.